Missing teeth can have a damaging impact on your health and self-confidence, making eating difficult, and preventing you from showing off your smile. At Red Bank Smiles, we offer several options for tooth replacement, including long-lasting titanium or ceramic dental implants that look, feel and function like real teeth.
What Are Dental Implants?
Implants can be used to replace multiple teeth or a single tooth. Strong and stable, the foundation of a dental implant is a titanium post that is placed into the jawbone. This durable post acts like a real tooth root. Once it is properly fused with the bone, a lifelike crown is attached to the top. If you have multiple missing teeth and are a good candidate for implants, as few as 2-4 titanium posts can support a full set of teeth.
Dental Implants vs. Traditional Bridges & Dentures
Although traditional bridges and dentures have been effective tooth replacement options for many years, they involve removal of healthy tooth structure or extraction of existing teeth. Dental implants do not negatively impact your existing teeth; and are a stronger, more permanent and comfortable option than dentures or bridges.
The procedure for placing a traditional bridge involves taking away some healthy tooth structure of the adjacent teeth to attach the bridge. Dentures often shift and can affect your ability to properly eat and speak. Dentures must be taken out and cleaned every day, and some patients find them uncomfortable. The bone loss that may occur due to missing teeth can alter your facial structure. The placement of implants can halt bone loss and improve your appearance and oral health.
Advantages Of Dental Implants
- Comfort and Function—Implants are fully fused with the jaw bone and don’t move like dentures or partials can, so you can enjoy the foods you love without discomfort.
- Aesthetics— Implants look completely natural and are indistinguishable from your other teeth.
- Easy Care and Maintenance— You will care for your implants exactly as you would your natural teeth with daily flossing and twice-daily brushing.
- Strength and Durability— A consistent oral hygiene routine and regular dental visits can help your implants last a lifetime.
- Cost-effectiveness— Implants are a permanent tooth replacement solution that can preserve your oral health and help you avoid costly dental treatment in the future.
To learn more about the benefits of dental implants in Red Bank, NJ, contact Red Bank Smiles to schedule an appointment today!