Get the Straight Smile You’ve Always Wanted
Tired of seeing crooked, crowded, or gapped teeth in the mirror every day? Ready to NOT feel like you have to hide your smile in pictures? With Invisalign in Manasquan, NJ, we can give you the beautiful straight teeth you’ve always wanted without metal braces! This treatment is designed to be subtle, effective, and comfortable, and you can get it right here in Red Bank!
How Does Invisalign Work?
With traditional braces, metal brackets and wires are used to apply pressure to the teeth and shift them into their ideal positions over time. With Invisalign, this is accomplished using thin, clear aligner trays that fit snugly over the teeth. And since you simply remove the trays before eating or brushing your teeth, Invisalign slips seamlessly into your lifestyle.
You can start Invisalign in just a couple of visits spaced over several weeks. Here are the basic steps involved:
- First, you’ll have a consultation to make sure Invisalign is right for you.
- From there, we’ll take digital impressions of your teeth and send them to the Invisalign lab where your aligner trays will be custom made.
- Then you’ll come back around three weeks later to pick up your first set of trays. Many patients also need to have temporary, tooth-colored “attachments” put on their teeth to anchor the trays into place.
- Then we’ll go over instructions for wearing and maintaining your aligners, and you’ll leave wearing your first set.
- Throughout treatment, you’ll wear the aligner trays at least 20 to 22 hours per day, switching to a new pair about every two weeks.
Who Is a Candidate For Invisalign?
Although we may recommend traditional orthodontic treatment for severe cases, Invisalign is a fantastic option for many patients. It treats most of the same issues as metal braces, including:
- Crowding and Gaps
- Bite alignment issues such as underbites, overbites, crossbites and more
What are the Benefits of Invisalign?
While invisibly straightening your teeth is the most obvious benefit of Invisalign, there are many other advantages to consider:
- Faster results – Traditional braces stay on an average of 18 to 24 months, while the average for Invisalign is just 9 to 18 months.
- Comfort – Whereas metal brackets and wires can be irritating to your lips and cheeks, smooth aligner trays are much more comfortable.
- It fits your lifestyle – As long as you wear your trays for 20 to 22 hours per day, you can still take them out for special events like weddings or job interviews.
- It’s easier to brush and floss – Since the trays are removable, you won’t have any problems brushing and flossing. That makes it a lot easier to keep your teeth and gums healthy during treatment.
Everyday Tips For Invisalign
The following tips will help you get the most out of your Invisalign treatment:
- Brush three times a day (after each meal) and floss once.
- Carry a travel toothbrush and toothpaste with you.
- Store your trays properly in their cases. If you put them in a napkin during meals, it’s easy to accidentally throw them away!
- Keep your trays clean with special products from us or brushing them with clear liquid soap (don’t use toothpaste as it can scratch them).
- Resist the urge to snack to maximize your “tray time.”
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Invisalign is an excellent investment in your oral health, and you’ll enjoy the benefits of a straight, even smile (and more self-confidence) for life. With that said, each person’s treatment plan and total costs are a bit different, depending on how severe their alignment issues are and how many sets of trays they need (i.e. their total treatment time).
Fortunately, many insurance plans that provide benefits for orthodontic treatment cover both traditional braces and Invisalign. After your consultation, we’ll give you an estimate of your cost and discuss your insurance benefits or third-party financing with CareCredit as needed.
If you want to straighten teeth in Red Bank without the hassle of metal braces, Invisalign may be the perfect choice! Call us today to schedule a consultation and find out how it can benefit you.